Friday, December 12, 2014

Rinaldi Adiyandono Seals Victory Of The Indonesian Golf Tour In Dramatic Fashion

Tangerang, December 11, 2014 - For the first time the Indonesian Golf Tour Presented by Linc Group held 9 professional tournaments throughout 2014. The top 30 ranked players competed in the Grand Final of the Indonesian Golf Tour Presented by Linc Group, held at Imperial Klub Golf, that after 3 days finally produced the first winner.

Rinaldi Adiyandono came out as the winner after a dramatic putt on hole 18. Before the final hole in the final round there was a tie between Rinaldi Adiyandono and Benita Y. Kasiadi who both were at one-under-par. At the par 5 18th hole, Rinaldi landed on the green with a 60-80cm distance from the hole and recorded a birdie, while Benita had to be satisfied with even-par.

During the match, Rinaldi scored 71-71-72 (214) and took home the prize money of IDR 48 million.

"Thank you for Linc Group for being the sponsor of the Indonesian Golf Tour, to PGTI and also Imperial Golf Club. Thanks to TaylorMade-Adidas Golf which has become my sponsor. And also to my parents who have always supported me."

"Last week, when I failed to qualify for the cut in the Bank BRI Indonesia Open, I immediately change my goal to be able to play well in the Indonesian Golf Tour. I decided to go to Imperial Golf Club and practice. There are some shot improvements I made that eventually led me to be the champion," said Rinaldi, who is ranked 4th in the Order of Merit of the Indonesian Golf Tour.

Benita Y. Kasiadi started the final round with a score of one-under-par. Benita successfully put pressure on Rinaldi's game and continued to keep up with him until hole 17. Settling for being runner-up, Benita hopes he will play better in the coming year.

"My personal target today was to score a four-under. However, I had some difficulties and scored bogeys on holes 11, 12 and 16. My game plan was good, my long shots were good too, just my putts were less well."

"Having the Indonesian Golf Tour and the cooperation with PGTI, the game of all the players who participated developed. The tournament also helps Indonesian professional golfers actively practicing their game and makes it more competitive than ever before."

In the final match of the Indonesian Golf Tour Presented by Linc Group, Aditya Novianto managed to become Lowest Amateur with collecting a score of eight-over-par, 72-76-76 (224).

No comments:

Post a Comment