Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Gandranta Blog: No Pressure!

It will be an honor to play with the star players this week. When Padraig Harrington won the 2008 US PGA Championship, I was still in college and I was watching it on television rooting for him!

I will take this as a great opportunity to gain more experience and take my game to the next level. Hopefully one day I can be a good role model to the younger generation of Indonesian golfers.

The game of golf in Indonesia is growing and a lot of kids are playing golf at a higher level. Hopefully I can show and be a good example to them this week. I will attack the course according to my plan and skills.

It was a learning experience when I first turned professional. I used to play in a lot of Asian Development Tour and a few Asian Tour events. Having that opportunity to play for money and under pressure helped my career.

I feel like I’m playing better and that things are coming together. I’m still learning every day so we’ll see how it goes this week.

I’m planning on practicing harder and become a better player in South East Asia. Pressure is perspective, I still see this as a golf tournament. I will treat it one shot at a time. If you can control that and execute it then everything will fall into place.

I don’t have any pressure this week. It is actually an honor to be playing in this week’s BANK BRI Indonesia Open. It will be a good week and I will try and take advantage of that. I need to be sharper with my putting. That’s the key.

No comments:

Post a Comment