Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Joshua Wirawan Leads After First Round Of Indonesian Golf Tour At Jababeka Golf & Country Club

Cikarang, July 1st, 2014 - The first round of the 6th event on the Indonesian Golf Tour presented by LINC GROUP held at Jababeka Golf & Country Club is being led by young golfer Joshua Andrew Wirawan who came in with a three-under-par 68. The 17-year-old achieved 1 eagle and 3 birdies during his round.

Heat and windy weather was an issue for many but it did not stop the participating golfers to showcase their brilliant golf skills. Joshua pushed himself to enable him to lead the pack for the day. Jababeka Golf & Country Club is proving to be a challenge for all the golfers on this edition of the Indonesian Golf Tour.

"Actually, this course is quite difficult. It has many long fairways and some of the greens are slumped. However, it depends on how we can adjust our shots. I didn’t have any specific strategy today. As long as my driver could reach the fairways, I could get a safe second or third shot and reach the green, I was happy as it was then down to my putting. Overall, my game today was good although on hole 13 I scored double-bogey." Said Joshua.

Indonesian Golf Tour 5th series (Padang Golf Modern) runner-up I Ketut Sugiarta is chasing the lead and could well have been leading for the day but fell to second place after a bogey on the Par 5 14th and 16th to tie with William Sjaichudin at two under-par (69).

“My swing was quite good today. On hole 16, my ball went into the water. The course is not my problem, it's the fairways which are proving to be long for me. Its probably due to my age. The strong wind also affected my game, but it's not a big deal. Basically I will play safe for the next two days.” said I Ketut.

Two-times Indonesian Golf Tour series champion, George Gandranata on the other hand was struggling to find his game. A double-bogey on the 15th pulled him back to end his round with a four-over-par 75.

"Like I've said before, golf is a day-by-day game. My ball striking was not really good today. I’ve been practicing my swing for the past few days, but I don't think it came into effect yet. My putting wasn’t good as well. A little windy today. Golf is a shot-by-shot game and each week will be different for sure, but we’ll see," said current Order of Merit leader George Gandranata.

On the amateur scene, 2-times lowest score amateur champion on the Indonesian Golf Tour series, Joeh Se Ik came in 4th place with a par 71, while Renata scored one-over-par at 72 and took the lead in the Indonesian Golf Tour ladies amateur.

The Indonesian Golf Tour at Jababeka Golf & Country Club is the 6th in a series of twelve 3-day events that are being hosted at selected courses in the greater Jakarta area with each boasting Rp200,000,000 prize purses.

No comments:

Post a Comment