Friday, July 11, 2014

Bowen Ready To Defend Jakarta Classic Title At Imperial Klub Golf

Jakarta, July 11 - Title holder James Bowen of the United States is ready to embark on a successful title defense when he returns to the Imperial Klub Golf for the Linc Group Jakarta Classic from July 15 to 18 (Tuesday to Friday) next week.

Bowen, a two-time winner on the Asian Development Tour (ADT), has received a timely confidence boost following his victory on the domestic Tour in Jakarta last week.

The talented American is in fine form ahead of the US$60,000 Linc Group Jakarta Classic, which is the ADT’s first stop in Indonesia this season.

Bowen claimed his second ADT victory at the inaugural Linc Group Jakarta Classic last year and eventually finished second on the final Order of Merit, earning him an Asian Tour card for the 2014 season.

“I am very excited coming back to Jakarta and very much looking forward to defending my title. Last week’s win was really pleasing. I’ve been working on my swing for a while now and seems like it’s finally paying off,” said the confident 28-year-old.

Bowen remains optimistic with his game despite a disappointing start to the 2014 Asian Tour season where he has yet to make a single cut.

“It’s been a slow start for me this season but I’m starting to feel good about my game after winning last week. I think my current game is good and I’m ready to play next week,” added Bowen.

Order of Merit leader and three-time ADT winner Chan Shih-chang of Chinese Taipei, past winners Pavit Tangkamolprasert of Thailand and American Brett Munson, as well as Indonesia’s George Gandranata and Rory Hie will also feature in the Linc Group Jakarta Classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment