Friday, May 29, 2015

Indra Hermawan Leads After First Day At Halim II

Jakarta, 27 May 2015 - The 3rd round of the 2015 season of the Indonesian Golf Tour (IGT) is on at Padang Golf Halim II, with a total purse of 200 million. The tournament, held from May 27 to 29, sees a total of 102 golfers, 20 of whom have amateur golfer status, participate in this national professional golf series, that goes into its second year in 2015.

Indra Hermawan was the surprise leader at the end of the first day, after posting six birdies combined with two bogeys for a total score of 68 (4 under par). "My A game was starting to show at the last seven holes. Because there was encouragement to play fast from the marshal, I got into a fast tempo game with no time no doubt," he said.

Indra admitted that his score today was supported by everything from his long- to his short game. "My drives are nice and straight, my irons pretty good, and my putting was nice," said Indra. For the second day, Indra asserted that he had to aim for a low score in order to strengthen its position at the top. "Preparing for tomorrow, I have to play my best and score many birdies," he added.

But Indra's position is far from secure., as Ian Andrew is only one stroke (stroke) behind Indra. Though the golfer from Bali acknowledged that the condition of the pitch is good enough, his game on the green was messy. "The greens are becoming a problem for me," said the winner of the second round of the 2015 IGT.

The small difference in scores makes Ian optimistic he can chase Indra. He's ambitious to score consecutive titles after winning the IGT second eound in February. "My target this time is to become champion. I hope this could provide a boost for me to be able to play well in the Asian Development Tour tournament in Bali in June," he explained.

Threatening Indra's position is also Asep Saefulloh. The golfer from Bandung posted a score of 2 under par (70). He said that this is pay off for his hard work after his poor performances at CIMB Niaga Indonesian Masters. "After the CIMB Niaga Indonesian Masters I realized that my iron game is bad. Back in Bandung I immediately worked on improving my long iron shots. Today I was very confident with my game," said the champion of the 2010 West Java Governor Cup Amateur Golf Tournament.

Elky Kow, one of 20 amateur golfers in the tournament, was able to nestle himself in the top five of the standings. With a score of 71 (1 under par) Elky is in a tie for fourth, sharing this place with two professional golfers, Maman Suherman and Agusnam. "My game today is quite good. Only the last ten hole went not so well. At yesterday's practice round I felt that I had to play brave in my short games," he said.

Looking forward to the match tomorrow, Elky does not prepare a special strategy. "I will rest as much as possible for tomorrow. I will do the same as today and we'll see what happens later," he added.

Leading scores after the first round:

68 - Indra Hermawan

69 - Ian Andrew

70 - Asep Saefulloh

71 - Elky Kow (A), Maman Suherman, Agusnam

72 - Mahpudin, Fajar Win Nuryanto

No comments:

Post a Comment