Friday, May 29, 2015

Four Lead After Second Day of IGT @ PG Halim II

JAKARTA, 28 May 2015 - The fight for the top spot got tighter on the second day of the third round of the Indonesian Golf Tour at Padang Golf Halim II. Four players, representing different generations, all lead with an accumulated score of 143 (1 under par). They are Maan Nasim, Asep Saefulloh, Ian Andrew, and amateur golfer Elky Kow.

Maan, born 4 February 1960, played brilliantly on the second day. By scoring 69 he managed to improve his game from the first day when he scored of 74. Remarkably, the veteran golfer scored three birdies without a bogey.

"My putting today is not good. There were three holes in which I failed to score a birdie with a putt as far as only one meter distance. But, this time I play to win," he said.

However, he had to work hard to realize that ambition. The former Indonesia's number one golfer acknowledges that his physical condition was not as fit as before. "The only obstacle for me is just stamina. It's quite tiring for me to walk as far as 18 holes," he explained.

Although managing to stay atop the standings, two of the top three on the leaderboard the day before, Ian Andrew and Asep Saefulloh, struggled to maintain their performance today. Ian, who yesterday played 69, close the game with a 74, while Asep posted 73.

Ian admitted he played poorly on the second day, especially his iron shots. "Fortunately my chipping helped my game today," said the golfer who was born 24 July 1992.

Ian is still optimistic that he can get away from the pressure, even with more competitors for the top spot. "I'm in a tied position with three other golfers. It provides pressure for me. But I usually just play well when there is pressure," said the only Indonesian golfer who made the cut in the CIMB Niaga Indonesian Masters presented by Enjoy Jakarta last April.

Meanwhile, Asep was quite satisfied with today's game. "However, my putting was very poor today with an average of two putts per hole," said the golfer who was born 8 July 1982. Despite being in a condition of not physically fit, Asep motivated himself by the game shown by his opponents. "Looking at the scoreboard, I got immediately excited. Playing with great players put pressure on me. However, this just makes me more spirited," he added.

Elky was able to keep his game level on the second day. Scoring even par was enough to for the amateur golfer to rise to the top position, along with three professional golfers. "I started badly today. The first four holes I scored five-over-par and it's very disturbing. I was emotional with my game. However, I am aware of this and try to get my game back," said the golfer born 8 September 1994.

After evaluating the game for two days, Elky will change his strategy. "For tomorrow's game, the strategy must change. I will try to play as best as possible," he added.

The position of the four golfers who are in T-1 position is far from secure. Rinaldi Adiyandono and Agusnam are one shot back in a tie for 5th with a score of 144, followed closely by Rudi Anto with a score of 145.

Leading scores after the second round of IGT @ Padang Golf Halim II

143 - Maan Nasim 74-69, Elky Kow 71-72, Asep Saefulloh 70-73, Ian Andrew 69-74

144 - Rinaldi Adiyandono 74-70, Agusnam 71-73

145 - Rudi Anto 73-72

146 - Kurnia Herisiandy 76-70, Andi Soeyatmo 75-71, Ditya Novianto 75-71, Ramadhan Alwie 74-72, Sahabudin 74-72, Effendi 74-72, Dede Idris 73-73, Indra Hermawan 68-78

No comments:

Post a Comment