Friday, November 25, 2016

12 Local Players Through To Final Rounds At Combiphar Golf Invitational

Bogor, Indonesia, November 24 - Singapore’s Mitchell Slorach soared into the lead after signing for a superb eight-under-par 63 at the halfway stage of the Combiphar Golf Invitational on Thursday.

Starting the day three shots back, the 29-year-old Singaporean fired 10 birdies against two bogeys to lead by one shot on nine-under-par 133 total at the Gunung Geulis Country Club situated in Bogor city.

American John Catlin returned with a 64 to take second place while Filipino stalwart Antonio Lascuna sits a further shot back in third after posting a 68 at the inaugural US$60,000 Asian Development Tour event, which is the Tour’s second stop in Indonesia this season.

Micah Lauren Shin, also of the United States, signed for a 67 to take fourth place on 136 while Thailand’s Panuwat Muenlek and Raphael De Sousa of Switzerland shared fifth on 137 following identical 69s.

Slorach fired two opening birdies from 10 before dropping a shot on 12. He made it up right away with a birdie on 13 and nailed three straight birdies from 16 to turn in 31. He then added two pairs of birdies against a bogey on his way home for a 32.

“I struck the ball great and I putted very well. I missed only one fairway today and I hit 17 greens in regulation. I hit it close and I was able to give myself chances to make birdies today.

“I played with no expectations. I went out feeling calm and I stayed calm throughout the round. I managed myself well,” said Slorach, who enjoyed his best result on the ADT when he finished runner-up in the last event in Malaysia two months ago.

“The conditions are very wet. It will be a huge bonus if you can get on the fairways, given the preferred lies in play. I played pretty much the same as I did yesterday except that the putts went in today,” added Slorach.

Catlin credited his short game for a commendable round. “I putted very well. I gave myself a lot of birdie putts and my short game was on point as I only missed a few greens. I made a couple of 20-footers and sank most of the putts from five to 15 feet. I was rock solid,” said the Bangkok-based 26-year-old.

“I chipped it in from about 30 feet for eagle on 16. It was an uphill chip. I played aggressively and it went in. I went on the birdie the next hole and it was nice finishing the way I did. I will continue to stay patient. There is still a long way to go,” added Catlin, who traded an eagle and seven birdies against two bogeys.

The halfway cut was set at three-over-par 145 with a total of 59 players, including 12 Indonesian, advancing into the weekend rounds.

Leading second round results:

133 - Mitchell SLORACH (SGP) 70-63

134 - John CATLIN (USA) 70-64

135 - Antonio LASCUNA (PHI) 67-68

136 - Micah Lauren SHIN (USA) 69-67

137 - Panuwat MUENLEK (THA) 68-69, Raphael DE SOUSA (SUI) 68-69

138 - Genki OKADA (JPN) 68-70, Natthapong NIYOMCHON (THA) 71-67, Sorachut HANSAPIBAN (THA) 71-67, Sam CYR (USA) 70-68

Indonesian players that made the cut:

139 - Ian ANDREW 72-67

141 - Naraajie E. RAMADHAN PUTRA (A) 70-71, Rifqi ALAM (A) 68-73, Rinaldi ADIYANDONO 72-69

142 - George GANDRANATA 75-67

143 - Adrian HALIMI 72-71, Benita KASIADI 72-71

144 - Junaidi IBRAHIM 73-71, Almay Rayhan YAQUTAH (A) 73-71, Ramadhan ALWIE 71-73

145 - Danny MASRIN 70-75, Indra HERMAWAN 69-76

No comments:

Post a Comment