Monday, January 19, 2015

Benita Kasiadi Seals First Victory In Indonesian Golf Tour At Matoa

Jakarta, January 16, 2015 - A new season, a new champion, when the season-opening event of the Indonesian Golf Tour welcomed a new champion in Benita Yuniarto Kasiadi. He finished the tournament, held at Matoa National Golf Course, with a score of 71-69-69 at seven-under-par (209). Second round leader Indra Hermawan, veteran Maan Nasim and amateur golfer Kevin C. Akbar kept putting pressure on the leader, when on hole 18 all three of them had the opportunity to score a birdie and force a play-off, but unfortunately all three of them failed to score a birdie on this final hole, handing victory to Benita Yuniarto Kasiadi.

"I am very happy to be a champion today. This is my first win since 2010. Glad to be included in the Champion category", said Kasiadi

"I am a little bit disappointed with my putts today. I failed in many occasions. But in the end I am very grateful for the results achieved", added the 27-year-old player.

Amateur player Kevin C. Akbar ended up being in a second place tie with Indra Hermawan and Maan Nasim. Kevin became the amateur player with the lowest score with 70-68-72, six-under-par (205). Maan Nasim scored 69-69-72 while Indra Hermawan scored 68-69-73.

"I did not hit good from the tee today. But I had a good short game. I felt a bit lucky today, it is quite difficult to put the ball into the hole. At hole 18 I felt the pressure, I tried my best therefore enjoyed my game" said Kevin C. Akbar.

In addition to Kevin, there are six amateur golfers who survived the cut. Indonesian Golf Tour Presented by Linc Group proves that the Indonesian amateurs increasingly get stronger to compete with professional Indonesian players, and the hope for the future is that more and more amateurs, both men and women, will participate in the next tournament.

Leading scores after final round of the Indonesian Golf Tour At Matoa (Par 72):

209 - Benita Y. KASIADI 71-69-69

210 - Kevin C AKBAR (am) 70-68-72, Maan NASIM 69-69-72, Indra HERMAWAN 68-69-73

211 - George GANDRANATA 74-67-70

213 - GUNAWAN 70-70-72

213 - Junaidi IBRAHIM 70-76-67, Rory HIE 69-76-68, Jordan Surya IRAWAN 75-68-70, Fahmi REZA 71-68-74

1 comment:

  1. wow nice competition. if you want to know about web gratis come join with us. thank you

    ReplyDelete