Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Gandranara Takes The Lead In Second Round Of Indonesian Golf Tour At Padang Golf Modern

Tangerang, 11th June 2014 - George Gandranata signed off on a perfect score without bogey in the second round of the Indonesian Golf Tour at Padang Golf Modern. With six-under-par, George successfully compiled a total score of seven-under-par (137) to take the lead in round two of the Indonesian Golf Tour fifth series.

“My irons are great since yesterday and I'm playing really well today. I scored 6 birdies, no bogey. I hit it really close on a lot of holes. I sunk a lot of putts too. There is one hole where I sunk a 10 meter putt. The green at Padang Golf Modern is hard to read, you have to hit it close to the pin to score a birdie,” said George.
George Gandranata on the final hole during the second round of the Indonesian Golf Tour at Padang Golf Modern. Photo: Adil Anselm/OB Golf

“I still have 18 holes to go tomorrow. I can’t control what others do but I can control myself. My strategy will be the same as always. Hope my putts will drop like today in the final round tomorrow. We’ll see,” added George.

Chasing from third place, I Ketut Sugiarta signed in a total six-under-par (138) to tie with overnight leader, Maan Nasim, who played one-under-par in round two and dropped to second place. Stunning Johanes Dermawan was on fire when he recorded seven birdies and just two bogies to put him in fourth place with a total score five-under-par (139).

Rivani Adelia Sihotang signed off on a total seven-under-par (137) to take the Female Amateur lead.

“Thank God, I played really well. I enjoyed and focused on my game and scored 6 birdies today. The course is great. Wind is strong today, and the greens are fast. But overall it is going well,” said fourteen-year-old Rivani Adelia Sihotang.

No comments:

Post a Comment