Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Rory Hie Aiming For Success At Resorts World Manila Masters

Manila, November 12 - Indonesia’s number one golfer, Rory Hie, is confident his recent good run of form will ensure him of a good showing at the inaugural US$750,000 Resorts World Manila Masters which starts on Thursday.

Hie, who turned professional in 2008 after a successful amateur career, will be up against a strong line-up of players, including Sweden’s Daniel Chopra, Singapore’s Mardan Mamat, local heroes Angelo Que and Antonio Lascuna at the Manila Southwoods Golf and Country Club.

Having come through Qualifying School earlier this year, Hie is beginning to make his mark on the Asian Tour where he has now made the cut in four out of six events this season.

“There have been a lot of ups and downs for me this season. The second half is getting better though. I’m starting to move up in the rankings. Hopefully I can break into the top-60 by the end of the year,” said the 25-year-old.

“My form has been pretty good so far. I played well only in the first few days of the last few tournaments. I really hope I can finish well this weekend. I think it’s going to be a great week. We’re staying at a very nice hotel complex at the Resorts World Manila. This course is probably one of the best in Asia too,” added Hie.

American Chan Kim, who topped the class at the Qualifying School, is determined to end his rookie year on a high with strong finishes in his remaining events this season.

“I feel pretty confident this week. I hurt my back three weeks ago but I went for therapy and my back feels healthy now. I feel really good coming to this week. I practiced a lot and worked hard with my coaches back home. I’m definitely looking forward to a great week here,” said Kim, who is the highest-ranked rookie on the merit list where he sits on 51st place.

Kim’s best result was a second-placed finish at the Yeangder Tournament Player Championship in September where he lost to the reigning Order of Merit winner, Thaworn Wiratchant.

“My season has been pretty good this season. I am still a rookie and there were some tournaments where I could still felt the pressure especially when I was not playing well,” said Kim.

“It would have been nice to win the Yeangder TPC but it was a great learning experience. I learnt a lot from that tournament and it boosted my confidence as well,” added Kim.

Singapore’s Choo Tze Huang, who also came through the Qualifying School, is happy to be regaining his best form after enduring a rough season.

“It has been a rough season for me. I started alright at the beginning of the year but struggled till about a couple of months ago,” said Choo.

“Things are getting better now. My game is getting better. I’m actually quite confident with my game right now. I’m happy with my mental game as well. Hopefully I will do well this week and finish well this season,” added Choo.

No comments:

Post a Comment